866 Georgetown Street Campus
Feast Day Information
Did you know that the Lord has ordained certain holy days each week and year to be observed by his people? These public assemblies or holy convocations are called the feasts of the Lord. Many of the feasts of the Lord are times of rejoicing and celebration of the mighty works of God.
The statutes pertaining to the seven feasts are found in Leviticus 23:1-44. These feasts were observed by God's people in the Old Testament and in the New Testament. Jesus Christ and his disciples observed the feasts, and his disciples continued to observe them after his death, burial, and resurrection. The fact that Christ and his disciples observed the feasts proves that they should still be observed by his people today. In fact, these feasts are so important that after the resurrection of Christ, in Acts 18:21 Paul said, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem.
The only aspect of the feasts that is not to be observed today, are the sacrifices that were commanded which Christ fulfilled. For example, in John 1:29, John the Baptist proclaimed Christ to be the Lamb of God, and I Corinthians 5:7 says, Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us, fulfilling the requirement of Passover Lamb. I Corinthians 5:8 says, therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. This verse makes it clear that the statute to observe Passover is still valid. The Bible is clear that we must keep the feast, however; it is also important that we realize according to I Corinthians 5:7 and Hebrews 10:12, that Christ our Passover made one sacrifice for our sins once and for all. The statutes to keep the feasts of the Lord still remain and there are tremendous blessings in doing so.
The following is a list of the feasts of the Lord, with Bible verses that list the statute and give support to its observance:
1. The seventh day Sabbath: Leviticus 23:1-3, Genesis 2:1-3, Exodus 20:8-11, Mark 6:2, and Acts 13:42, 44
2. The Passover: Leviticus 23:4-5, Exodus 12:1-15, Numbers 9:2-5, 28:16, Mark 14:1,12, Matthew 26:18, I Corinthians 5:7,8.
3. The Feast of Unleavened Bread: Leviticus 23:6,7, Exodus 12:15-20, 23:14-15, Numbers 28:17-25, Deuteronomy 16:3-4,8 Mark 14:1,12 Acts 20:6.
4. The Feast of Pentecost (Weeks or Firstfruits): Leviticus 23:15-22, Numbers 28:26-31, Deuteronomy 16:9-12, Acts 2:1, 20:16, I Corinthians 16:8.
5. The Feast of Trumpets: Leviticus 23:23-25, Numbers 29:1-6, I Corinthians 15:51-53, I Thessalonians 4:15-17.
6. The Day of Atonement: Leviticus 23:26-32, Numbers 29:7-11, Acts 27:9.
7. The Feast of Tabernacles: Leviticus 23:33-44, Numbers 29:12-40 Deuteronomy 16:13-17, Zechariah 14:16-19.
Come and Visit!
We would love to have you join us for one of our weekly services, quarterly conferences or national meetings. Click on the button below for more information.
866 Georgetown Street
Lexington, KY 40511